Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Saying Good-Bye To SKORA



So....anyone who has been friends with me, or has followed my blog for the past few years, knows that I have been with SKORA running as an ambassador. In the nearly two years I have been with them, I have set personal records in various distances. I have promoted strongly and have turned a good many people onto SKORA. I feel good about that because as an ambassador, well, that's what we are signed on for.

With that said, as of December, 31, 2014, I will be stepping down as an ambassador with SKORA. This is something I have been thinking hard on over the past few months. And after many long talks with my wife on this subject, this is something I have to do.

The reason? Morton's neuroma! What is that? It's an injury to the nerve between the toes, which causes thickening and pain. It commonly affects the nerve that travels between the third and fourth toes. I seriously cannot explain how bad the pain is at times. I literally thought my running days were done. I threw in two insoles to protect my left foot from rock and debris and it still didn't help. I was forced to quit running within a mile. That alone is the main reason I am stepping down. I simply cannot back a shoe that I can no longer run in.

Quite frankly, I need a shoe, or a brand, that will have a little more cushioning and a rock-plate to prevent jagged rocks from spearing my forefoot when running trails. Last month I was sent a pair of shoes to see if they would help when running trails. They did. And because they did, I was able to log double digit miles on the very rocky Appalachian Trail without an ounce of pain in my foot. Personally, that is a shoe that I want to promote because I want people with Morton's neuroma to know that they can run without pain.

In closing, I would like to thank Brian Fisher for being so awesome behind the scenes. At any time, even his birthday, he will take the time to chat with an ambassador to see if he can help. He goes above and beyond, and for that I am grateful! I would also like to thank those who I have helped get on the team. You all have been super supportive!

Thanks for the opportunity and all the love you have given me over the past year and a half. I am walking away with mixed feelings, but stoked that I was there to see SKORA grow.

Thank You!
Ray Jackson Jr.

No comments: