Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Hero of Humanity"
An Interview By Brian Boyle

~The Day I First Met Brian Boyle~
~Photo Courtesy Of: Brian Boyle

On August, 30th, 2013, I was given one of the coolest gifts ever. I was interviewed by someone who I hold in high regard. That person is Brian Boyle. For those of you who don't know Brian, or his story, I am going to post a link to an in depth account as to what happened, and his miraculous turn around.

~Click Here: Brian's Story~

To have Brian, a young man who has traveled the country and talked with thousands of people, contact me and say he wants to do an interview with me, I was honored and humbled more than one could possibly know. In my eyes I am just an average person who likes to run a lot. A father who loves his kids. A husband to his best friend, and wife, Jerri. I'm a guy who likes to fly under the radar and do things I love. Like donating blood. Or promote the companies I run for. What I really love to do is get out there and meet and run with runners so I can learn about "their" story. When I went back for Brian at the JFK 50 in 2010 (I had seen him earlier in the race) I already knew his story. I didn't want to ask him questions about his terrible accident. I just wanted to help him get to the finish line of his first ultra marathon with a smile on his face.

What I wanted to do was take his mind off all the miles and get him in good spirits again. Within a few miles we picked the pace up, yet were still talking and enjoying the day. By the time we hit the rolling roads, like Brian said, we were nailing near a 7:00 minute per mile pace. My biggest joy that day? Knowing Brian broke his goal time of 10 hours in his first 50 mile race. And to do that with his parents at the finish line...even more meaningful. And to think that six years prior, death came to take him away. Brian is a one special young man.

Brian is my "Hero of Humanity"

And so are the thousands and thousands AND thousands of people that depend on those of us who can donate blood here in the United States. The men, women, and children who are suffering life threatening illnesses. They are the silent heroes...my silent heroes. And just to set the record straight, I don't do any of this for the exposure. Some would say it's narcissistic of me to even write a blog about this. But what SOME people don't know is this: I want to promote this story. I want people to read EVERYTHING that Brian has written thus far. I want people to realize that donating blood is a major issue here in the United States. I want to keep reminding EVERYONE that can donate...to donate. The exposure is not for me, but for those who promote me in some capacity or another.

Thank you over and over again to Brian Boyle for writing this article and taking notice in my small contribution to a variety of things. I am proud, and I am happy...Thank you!

~~Click Here: My Interview/Story with Brian Boyle~~



No comments: