Sunday, August 7, 2011

Really Confused

Well the Catoctin 50k has come and gone. And gone with it was a dnf from myself. The week leading up to the race I was pretty sick. I also put in 46 1/2 hours at work, with a 11 1/2 hour day the day before the race. I just did'nt have it at all. There was no desire to finish the race. I dropped at 17 miles in. My next race will be the Freedoms Run marathon. And after that, Fire On The Mountain 50k. After that, I am not sure about my future with running.

I am not sure if it's my work schedule, the lack of time I get to spend with my family. Or if I just lost my desire to get out there everyday and run. When I do get out there I feel great. I love it. It's just the whole idea of getting out there. I know I have a commitment to the Companies that sponsor me. That's the reason I still get out there and do it. If anyone stumbles onto this, help me out. Tell me what to so because I am really confused.

1 comment:

JKjaer said...

Hi Ray,

I am sorry I am leaving a comment, I can't find your email. I am writing you in the hopes that you want to participate in an e-book we are writing about ultra runners.

We want to tap into the collective craziness (we mean that as a compliment:-)) of this community to challenge and inspire other non-runners to make their own life an ever-greater creative expression of their own goals and dreams… without limits.

Progress so far: We have currently contacted more than 250 ultra runners and received more than 60 answers.

We would ask you to answer a question about your experience with ultra running. Please note that these questions are related to your mental state and require that you are able to explain quite specifically what is going on mentally when running.

If you'd like to participate please shoot me an email at dreamit@juliossol.com.

Thanks!

All the best,
Jannick