Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Running Week: 3-16 to 3-22- 2009

Monday: Potomac-Memorial-Potomac--Neighborhood
Distance: 4 Miles No Time Taken--Casual Run
Weather: 50's With Light Wind

Today was my scheduled day off but I wanted to get out and just keep my legs loose. I didn't go for speed today so I didn't take time. I like runs when time does not matter.
..................................................................................
Tuesday: Funkstown-Beaver Cr-Poffenberger-South CC- Spruce
(AM) Distance: 3 Miles--20:51--6:57 Pace
(PM) Distance: 10.25 Miles--1:30--8:46 Pace
Cool Down-- .75 Mile
Total Distance: 14 Miles
Weather: 68 With Light Wind

My morning run was out the door with no stretching. I hit my first mile in 7:30 and kept dropping until I got home. It felt good to get out and run faster than usual. I took a nap and recharged for my afternoon run. My afternoon run was with my friend. We did a pretty hilly route with a total of 10.25 miles. I wanted to run slower for this run, which we did. We hit the first mile in 7:50 and slowed up after that. We took our time and enjoyed the nice day we finally had here in Maryland. On this run there are plenty of hills that make you breathe hard, which I like. We also ran the back half of the South High Cross Country course at the end of our run. I like that course because it's not flat and they have a steep little incline that comes out of nowhere. After the run we did a cool down of .75 mile...I am actually going to try and keep this up for the next three weeks to get ready for the Mountain Maryland Marathon.
..................................................................................
Wednesday: South High Workout & Surrounding Area
Distance: 10 Miles--Easy 7 Mile Warm Up At 8:30 Pace
Weather: 55 Degrees With 15mph Winds.

Today was a Track Workout for me today so I ran around the surrounding area for 7 miles and then did the workout. The workout was semi easy because of just running the Chambersburg 1/2 four days prior. I did 6 x 800 at a 6:40 mile pace. Nothing too hard, but just enough to get me working. In between each 800 I had a 2:10 rest break. The strong wind made it hard down the front stretch but it was good to work a little harder.
..................................................................................
Thursday: C & O Canal & Route.63
Distance: 12.75 Miles--8:34 Pace
Weather: 49 Degrees With 8mph Winds.

I ran on the Canal with my friend today and we took it easy and ran 10.2 miles. I ended up running another 2.55 miles down Route.63 at a 8:18 pace. The run up 63 is a steady incline and felt good to run. It won't be fast because I have a hard workout Sunday that will test me for the upcoming Marathon.
..................................................................................
Friday: Scheduled Day Off
..................................................................................
Saturday: Neighborhood Streets
Distance: 3 Miles--24:00--8:00 Pace
Weather: 50's With Light Winds

Not much to tell really on this run. I basically got lazy and didn't do much the entire day. Just resting up for my workout tomorrow...
..................................................................................
Sunday: Track workout With Warm Up & Cool Down Runs
Distance: Track--5 Miles of Mile Repeats
Total Distance: 10 Miles
Weather: 60 With 7mph Winds

With a nice warm up out of the way, I found out that I would be doing mile repeats for my workout. The goal was to run around 6:45 per mile and have a 3 minute rest break before running again. I hit the first mile at 6:43..2nd mile at 6:42..3rd mile in 6:40..4th mile in 6:33..and the 5th mile I was pushed to break 6:30...I ended with a 6:29. It felt good and was what I needed for my upcoming Marathon. We ran a nice cooldown for 20 minutes and did some stretching afterwards. I plan on having one more really strong week before the start of my taper.
..................................................................................
Total Miles This Week: 53.75
Total Miles This Year: 581.23

No comments: