Sunday, March 1, 2009

Running Week: 02-23-09--03-01-09
..................................................................................
Monday: No Run today...Very busy, but that's no reason
..................................................................................
Tuesday: Town-Northern Ave-Eastern-Jefferson-Robinwood
Distance: 12.4 Miles--1:47:20--8:39 Pace
Weather: 30's--Wind was 10mph

Today was a lot of up and down rolling style hills. I think about 132 feet of elevation gain. We made a wrong calculation and went 2.4 miles further than expected. It was fun though. The wind was in our face a lot on this run.
..................................................................................
Wednesday: Quick run around home
Distance: 2.5 Miles--No time taken--Just ran
Weather: 30's--Easy wind

We had a Doctor's visit today to check on the baby. Everything is going good. By the time we got home I just didn't want to run. I just wanted to spend time with Jerri and the baby.
..................................................................................
Thursday: Track Workout and Run
Distance: 7 Miles--56:00--8:00 Pace
Track Distance: 3 Miles
Cool Down: 1 Mile--8:30 Pace
Total Distance: 11 Miles
Weather: 40's and nice

We ran 7 miles around the High School and surrounding area. We ran the Cross Country course twice before heading back to the track. On the track, Coach Wayne had me running 6x800 at 3:20 per 800. I was ahead and hitting them around 3:15 while holding back. He dropped them down to 3:10 and I hit them easy by running 3:05. He told me to go ahead and try and break 3:00 and I finished in 2:58 for my last 800. We then did a cool down mile and we called it a day.
..................................................................................
Friday: C & O Canal Towpath
Canal Distance: 10 Miles--1:23:42--8:22 Pace
Evening Run: 3.55 Miles--No time taken--Just for fun
Total Distance: 13.55 Miles
Weather: 62 degrees--18mph winds

Ran the first 5 with my friend in 45:00 minutes, which equals a 9:00 pace. At the turn around I went on my own and ran pretty good. My pace coming back was 7:48 per mile. I didn't really push it too much on the way back because I was really enjoying just running.
..................................................................................
Saturday: No Run--My calf was hurting and giving out so I rested the whole day.
..................................................................................
Sunday: C & O Canal-Virginia Ave-Sherman-Wilson Blvd.
Distance: 24.8 Miles--3:36:26--8:43 Pace
Cool Down: .86 Mile
Total Distance: 25.66 Miles
Weather: 28 with Wind Chill

I stayed with my friend for the Canal run today and didn't go on my own. We ran 18.25 in 2:39:42. Once getting back to the parking lot I decided that I would run home. Super idea because it is a continual climb all the way home. I believe it was around 202 feet of elevation gain. That may not be a lot, but after 18.25 miles of flat ground, every little gain is painful. I held a nice pace home and ended with a 8:42 pace, I believe.

This week has not been worthy of talking about and I am not at all happy with the outcome in my miles. The one thing I don't want to do is injure myself 2 weeks from running the Chambersburg 1/2 Marathon. Or to do something when I have the Mountain MD Marathon on April-19th. The bright spot was my run today. I felt good and did not have any tightness or stabbing pain. I have been slowly amping my miles up and hopefully I will be able to keep around 70-100 miles a week leading in to the summer.
..................................................................................
Total Miles This Week: 65.11 ( 2 day's off )
Total Miles This Year: 429.32 ( Had some bad week's in Jan.. )

No comments: